Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Manifold 8.0.29 Add-In compatibitity
KlausDE

6,408 post(s)
#25-Oct-13 10:03

Let's collect update demands here.

'apparently works' indicates not an overall test but a successful start of the Add-In and basic functionality

Add-Ins that don't need a DLL like Find by Layer, Find by Name all work well

• Traditional Topology Tools (32bit, todays download) apparently work.
  • Container Manager apparently works
  • Format Organizer apparently works
  • Move Components to Folder (Move2Folder.dll) needs recompilation against Net4.0, empty window

• Georegister Photos (last build) apparently works
  • Cartomatic.MapTiler - Error E - Cann't loadin Library
  • TBF-Tools need recompilation against Net4.0, empty window

Do you really want to ruin economy only to save the planet?

• Graeme

990 post(s)
    #25-Oct-13 10:19

Klaus, your Move2Folder AddIn is working fine for me after the update to 8.29. Win 7 x64, nothing done to original (pre- 8.29) installation. Format Organizer also OK.

Attachments:
    Move2Folder Bld 8_29.JPG

cartomatic

905 post(s)
    #25-Oct-13 10:26

I'll checkout tiler when have some spare time for it. From what Adam says recompilation should do.

maps made easy - www.cartomatic.pl || www.cartoninjas.net

adamw

10,447 post(s)
    #25-Oct-13 10:28

Just a word on this important subject.

As mentioned in the Compatibility Notice in this post, all third-party modules that bind to Manifold DLLs have to be recompiled. Technically, what we are after is "thoroughly tested" as there are cases where one can avoid a recompile.

All such modules created by Manifold have been tested to work fine with both .NET 2 and .NET 4 (and have been specifically written with that purpose in mind), so, the image server and geocoding server modules that can be downloaded from the Product Downloads page, and the Traditional Topology Tools add-in that can be downloaded from the same page, should work fine. If they don't work fine, then that's a bug, we'd like to know about it, and please report it.

But modules created by a third-party really have to be tested, preferrably by their creator, and, in some cases, recompiled.

firsttube

1,439 post(s)
    #28-Oct-13 13:33

The Traditional Topology Tools add-in does not run on my machine (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit). I get the following error when I try to invoke it: "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Manifold.TraditionalTopologyTools'. Line 2"

I downloaded and installed the add-in again from the manifold website and when I run the installer I get this error:

"There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

"The blessing in life is finding the torture you are comfortable with." - Jerry Seinfeld, 6/26/2013

adamw

10,447 post(s)
    #28-Oct-13 14:04

It looks like the add-in failed to install.

If you see the add-in in Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall it. Then reinstall it from the command prompt with elevated (admin) permissions, that is, go to the Start Menu, locate the Command Prompt icon, right-click it and select "Run as administrator", then descend to the folder with the MSI file for the add-in and run the following command:

msiexec /i Manifold-Traditional-Topology-Tools-1.0.0.0-x64.msi

If this doesn't work (I just made double-sure that this works on a clean system), contact tech support.

firsttube

1,439 post(s)
    #28-Oct-13 14:13

Yes, using this method the installation worked. I opened manifold and invoked the add-in and it seems to be functioning as expected. Thanks, Adam, much appreciated!

"The blessing in life is finding the torture you are comfortable with." - Jerry Seinfeld, 6/26/2013

Sloots

678 post(s)
    #25-Oct-13 14:42

I'll have a look at TBF Tools soon to make sure the add-in will work with 8.0.29.

Chris

http://www.mppng.nl/manifold/pointlabeler

Sloots

678 post(s)
    #25-Oct-13 22:34

TBF Tools for Manifold 8.0.29.

Have fun!

Cheers, Chris

Attachments:
    TBFTools.zip

http://www.mppng.nl/manifold/pointlabeler

firsttube

1,439 post(s)
    #28-Oct-13 13:39

I downloaded and installed the TBFTools for 8.0.29 and when I invoke it in Manifold there is just a blank form. Any ideas?

jsperr
    142 post(s)
    #17-Nov-13 15:13

I had the same problem -- after inspecting the xml file, I realized I had to create a few folders and get things in the correct path.

<icon>add-ins\tbftools\

<form>add-ins\tbftools\

After I got everything installed in the following directory path and dealt with the unblock issue, viola, it works!

C:\Program Files\Manifold System\Config\add-ins\tbftools\...

csb
    133 post(s)
    #18-Nov-13 18:37

What is the unblock issue?

I am double checked the xml and the path and still just get an empty window. However the icon shows up in the add-in, so that makes me think it is not a path problem.

running in 64 bit

Windows 8.1

Manifold Enterprise Edition 8.0.29.0

tbfToolsPane.dll version 8.029.0

I just noticed the UNBLOCK button in the properties of the the DLL while looking at the version number. Is this the unblock issue?

I clicked UNBLOCK and APPLY...but it won't stick.

Any ideas?

EDIT

I found the answer. Run powershell as administrator and then run the command:

Unblock-File tbfToolsPane.dllI also unblocked the other dllsseems to work

Mike Fisher

899 post(s)
    #19-Nov-13 06:21

See also http://www.georeference.org/forum/t120471.41#120767

firsttube

1,439 post(s)
    #18-Nov-13 19:22

Yes, I also fixed the "unblock" issue and these add-ins are now working.

KlausDE

6,408 post(s)
    #26-Oct-13 11:35

Format Organizer compiled for Mfd 8.0.29

(Fix) Missing style.xml in Format Libraries are skiped and no longer block the import of Libraries created by modMfdXMLMaker.bas in ArcGIS

Copy files from archiv to Manfolds \config folder, i.e. without extra folder or adjust the path to the dll in tag <form> of Format Organizer.xml . Please report any errors.

Cheers, Klaus

Attachments:
    Format Organizer Pane.zip

firsttube

1,439 post(s)
    #28-Oct-13 14:05

Just downloaded and installed Format Organizer add-in and when I invoke it I get a blank form.

KlausDE

6,408 post(s)
    #28-Oct-13 19:08

I had this same effect due to an incomplete removal of v 8.0.28. At least I guess this was the reason because now that I repeated the deinstallation/reinstallation and in the meantime deleted all old versions of Manifold.Interop and Manifold.Interop.Script that where spread all over my machine have been deleted the system is back to normal and both Add-Ins work.

Could it be that you face a similar effect? Otherwise I would have expected more reports.

However to be sure I add an new version of the Format Organizer compiled for v8.0.29 with Visual Studio 2013.

For a clear view I adopt Chris's folder hierarchy of /config and preconfigure everything to work from a folder config/add-ins/Format Organizer. Just copy the archive to config/add-ins and extrat with default path that creates the Subdirectory /Format Organizer - or adopt the path in the xml.

Attachments:
    Format Organizer.zip

KlausDE

6,408 post(s)
    #26-Oct-13 12:05

PlotSet Manager is not an Add-In but an external application using Manifold.

Recompiled and tested for 32bit-Mfd 8.0.29 here. No instaler required.

Mfairfield

215 post(s)
    #02-Jan-14 16:46

I can open plotset but once I set all my settings I get a no responding message and on the bottom of the screen I see the attached text.

Running 8..0.29.0 Ultimate. 64 bit mode. This all worked with the last version.

Attachments:
    Capture.PNG

GIS Technologist

Mfairfield

215 post(s)
    #02-Jan-14 17:15

Check that is does seem to be working but very slow I will check more of my settings.

GIS Technologist

KlausDE

6,408 post(s)
    #02-Jan-14 20:51

Hoping for future Manifold versions and a continued need for updates I have collected the last versions of all of our free tools on our website for download.

A wrong version would probably not result in slow execution and I have no idea what's goint on. Nevertheless I think I have changed some last bites on that version and will close the outdated dropbox some day. Anyway it's not slow for me with the example file included and demonstrating advanced technics. However it is compiled as a x86 program using the 32bit version of Manifold. This might account for slower execution compared to your usual interactiv impression.

Find Mfd_PlotManager.exe, Format Organizer and Selections Manager under www.schnittstelle-oekologie.de/downloads following the link to Manifold downloads ->

Don't be afraid of the german welcome. There are english chapters when its getting interesting.

KlausDE

6,408 post(s)
    #29-Oct-13 10:41

The last version of the Selections Manager has been tested to work with v8.0.29 without recompilation.

It allows to detect selectionsets that comprise of objects in different components and automatically to delete saved selections whose objects have all become invalid.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.