Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Batch Project drawings
ashleym52 post(s)
#29-Jan-15 18:59

When we import .dwg files, every layer is made into a drawing. I am wondering if there is a way I could project all the drawings at once? Sometimes there are around 20 drawings created and it takes me some time to right click each one and project.

Any suggestion is appreciated, thank you.

geozap
264 post(s)
#29-Jan-15 19:18

http://www.georeference.org/forum/t61912.27

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#29-Jan-15 19:37

Two newer versions of my script from that thread are attached below.

To use them, first assign the correct projection for one component, and leave it selected in the Project pane. Then run one of the scripts.

[Assign same projection for folder] assigns the projection of the selected component to all other components in the same Project folder.

[Assign same projection for project] assigns the projection of the selected component to all other components in the whole project.

In both cases, components whose own projection has already been verified are skipped, unless you choose to override (reassign) them.

Local offsets and local scales are not propagated. (0 and 1 are always assigned for the target components.)

It's easiest to use these scripts as add-ins. An .xml file is included. (Typically, copy all 3 files to the Manifold\Config folder and restart Manifold, so that the commands will appear in the Tools > Addin menu.)

Attachments:
Assign projection.xml
Assign same projection for folder.txt
Assign same projection for project.txt

ashleym52 post(s)
#30-Jan-15 14:40

Thanks so much!!!!! worked like a charm.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.