Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Custom color dialog
orerockon

392 post(s)
#07-Oct-15 18:02

I know this is nit-picking but I've always wondered why the custom color dialog for the line, point and area objects can only hold one custom color when I choose add to custom colors? In other words if I have already copied one color to the custom color boxes using Add to custom colors, then I choose another color and add it, the new color overwrites the old instead of being added as another choice. Is this a Windows thing?

Mike Pelletier

2,122 post(s)
#07-Oct-15 19:26

Yup its annoying. Hope someone knows why or how to use the dialog better. Globalmapper uses that dialog and it behaves the same way.

Sloots

678 post(s)
#07-Oct-15 19:36

You can use the tab key to set the focus on the first color box, then use the arrow keys to select another box, and finally add the new color. What annoys me is the fact that the custom color box is not persistant. Each manifold session resets the custom colors to blanks.

Chris

http://www.mppng.nl/manifold/pointlabeler

orerockon

392 post(s)
#08-Oct-15 17:11

Messing around with it you can use the mouse to select any box on the left, it appears as if you have to use the tab at least once. But then if you click int he color sample box on the right the sample color doesn't change. If I click on the HSV slider first, then in the box, it does work. Anyway pretty strange behavior. Works OK for now, I agree that having the colors stick around between sessions would be nice. Better yet, pre-load the colors from the current theme in the boxes. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride...

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.