georeference.org
Subscribe to this thread
Home - Scripting / All posts - PostgreSQL / Manifold
oisink
360 post(s)
#01-Mar-17 22:24

I have just upgraded postgresql from an older 32bit version to the latest 64bit version. I have also installed 64bit postgresql drivers. So now Win10, Manifold 8 and postgres all 64bit - wow that's fast. I've not even tried Radian yet.

KlausDE

5,968 post(s)
#02-Mar-17 08:31

I've been through this but lost access to my Enterprise Server when restoring the database. I can handle the files in pgadm but when I try to link to the shared data Mfd 8 reports: This is not an Enterprise Server

Any idee what makes Mfd8 accept a server as an Enterprise Server when all those mfdXXX_data tables are present?

adamw

6,674 post(s)
#02-Mar-17 08:42

Any idee what makes Mfd8 accept a server as an Enterprise Server when all those mfdXXX_data tables are present?

The mfd_root table of the correct structure and with correct data.

(If you upload the backup of a database somewhere, we might check what's missing. Most likely, the restored mfd_root refers to tables that are no longer there.)

KlausDE

5,968 post(s)
#03-Mar-17 10:25

A short report: It turned out to be a failure in the postgres backup-file that effected only mfd_root. I used an slightly older backup and now everything (? ) is there again.

But anyway caching shared components gave me access to the latest data while the Enterprise Server wasn't accessible. A really nice feature of additional data security.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.