I am running Manifold 8.30.0 on Windows 7. I have in the past successfully exported GIS information to DXF format for our landscapers. They use AutoCAD 2015. Typically, there is little difficulty in the transfer of data. If the data I export does not align with survey information in our CAD files, it is almost always because the CAD file is not projected data. When this occurs, I paste a parcel outline on the data I export, which allows the landscapers to manually register my data to their files. This has worked well until now.
Recently, the data I export as DXF does not import into AutoCAD correctly. It always comes in at coordinate 0,0,0 and at 1/6th the size. I have checked the projection of my data and imported the CAD data into my Manifold map. The data are properly projected and the imported CAD data registers correctly with the GIS data.
Things get even more curious than the above example. If I create and export area contours as DXF, not only does it come into AutoCAD at 0,0,0 and 1/6th the size, but any distance measurements made on the imported data make no sense at all. However, if I create and export line contours as DXF, it will import into AutoCAD at 0,0,0, but the distance measurements make some sense (albeit 1/6th too short).
I tested this issue with Dassault Systeme's Draftsight software and replicated the same results as in AutoCAD, so I know that our current version of AutoCAD is not the issue.
I have attached a Map file, and a DWG file with topography data already imported. The DWG file contains topography created from lines and from areas. These are displayed side-by-side and have a line measured at exactly 120 units copied over each topography layer. The leftmost example is the imported line topography. Measuring distance on example line comes out at 120 units. The rightmost example is the imported area topography. Measuring distance on the example line comes out to something unusually large.
The Map file contains the original LIDAR data used to create both the line and area contours. Area contour data is modified to remove the "<" token and change the data type from text to floating point (the technique I have used for several years now).