Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Did Radian just crash?
artlembo

2,819 post(s)
#09-Aug-17 13:45

I got this error when attempting to geocode. You can see the SQL in the background - I was only running the highlighted portion of the script. Not sure what caused it - Radian, or perhaps the [Google] geocoding data source.

Attachments:
crash.jpg

adamw

7,129 post(s)
#09-Aug-17 15:04

I cannot tell from the message whether this was a crash or a timeout ("Not Responding" in caption) followed by an attempt to close the application which did not succeed and made Windows think that the application was hung.

If it is a crash and you see it again, please capture a crash dump. (Crashes are good in this respect - a captured crash dump almost always immediately shows us what exactly went wrong, and you don't have to remember anything or send us any data, just the dump file.)

Copying from an earlier post:

Capturing a crash dump is pretty simple. Suppose you are working with Manifold and it crashes. You see a scary error message. *Without dismissing the message*, launch Task Manager, locate the Manifold process in the list of processes (in Windows 10, the list of processes is in the Details tab of Task Manager), then right-click the process and select Create Dump File. The system will take a moment to write the dump file and tell you where it put it. Zip it up and send it to us.

Thanks a lot for the report.

artlembo

2,819 post(s)
#09-Aug-17 17:05

Ok, thanks. I just repeated it, and put the file (manifold.dmp) on the FTP site. It is 409,000KB, so give it a few minutes.

adamw

7,129 post(s)
#11-Aug-17 15:45

(Which FTP site is it? Ours or maybe your own? We went to check and we cannot find the file on our site.)

artlembo

2,819 post(s)
#11-Aug-17 15:52

Ugh. That is probably my fault. I tried uploading it from home. I will go to the office where there is a higher bandwidth. Sorry about that.

artlembo

2,819 post(s)
#11-Aug-17 18:02

I just tried uploading it from work, to no avail. It's been running for over an hour. I also set binary to be true.

Unfortunately I have to head out on a long trip now so I won't get back to this for a couple of weeks.

artlembo

2,819 post(s)
#11-Aug-17 18:29

good news - it just completed.

lionel94 post(s)
#20-Aug-17 20:19

got one after open chm viewer from manifold 8 menu but miss to catch ....

tjhb

7,387 post(s)
#21-Aug-17 00:08

You crashed Radian by opening a CHM from Manifold 8?

lionel94 post(s)
#21-Aug-17 18:32

No even the tread/post is about radian the crash is only for manifold !! but the way to backup cache for send to manifold team is the same ...

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.