Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Quick keyboard move for Select None
Dimitri

4,271 post(s)
#10-Aug-17 07:55

I often need to Select None and miss not having a Ctrl key for that. Here's a quick trick that I now use:

Ctrl-A and then Ctrl-I

Do it a few times and it becomes automatic and very quick. :-)

lionel109 post(s)
#10-Aug-17 20:42

I ll expect Ctr-A Ctr-A ll do the same : since all is atready selected windows could understand that repeat the Ctr A twice mean don't select All since All is already selected so..... select none .

Hope or not ( read after ) that Manifold finally would have more shortkey than photoshop .

Time is money and if you are a professionnal a requirement for photoshop is that you know all ( or common ) the short key combinations for each layer type and tool associate to layers objects ( fuzzy logic ) . See the big list here ! Photoshop is the only tool i know that support a menu call select . In the capture Screen Ctr D mean Not Delete but Deselect ..... and select inverse is Shift Ctrl I .

I like the new shortkey letter when draw inside radian ( arc ... elipse S L ...)

Thank's for the trick !!

Attachments:
manifold_psd_select.png

antoniocarlos

459 post(s)
#10-Aug-17 22:14

What I miss is a shortcut to unselect everything across all layers of a map or even better a .map file.

See, some maps (within a .map file) may have 30 or 40 components and I sometimes have selected things on several to work on them so they turn red (as selected). It is a hassle to look around for the specific layers (drawing, images, surface) to un select them to be able to display the map properly.

ACGT

How soon?

dchall8
333 post(s)
#10-Aug-17 22:30

As soon as you left-click select one object in any drawing, it deselects all the selected objects in other drawings. Then you can unselect the new object you selected.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.