Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - step for copy radian drawing inside postgres
lionel

995 post(s)
#20-Aug-17 11:57

Hi

A) specific : i try inside radian to transfert the drawing in postgres ( and implicitly the table) to postgres database but don't work ? !!

In the capture screen i ll expect to be able to create a new drawing call drawing2 that have the same structure and data than drawing locate inside radian project map . But i can't select near "Base on :<new table> " among the choice the table locate in radian . In radian create a drawing in postgres can be base only on table that is locate already in postgres not map file ( drawing Table here ) . In a way the concept of drawing don't exist in postgres . Only "gis" client support view data in 2D !! so transfert drawing don't make sense only table ? ! i try slide the table from map to postgres but same message !! perhaps the first requirement is to see if gis module is install inside postgres to make convert/cast geom / manifold to postgis possible !!

B) general Which is the best way to import Drawing already create in radian/manifold inside postgres to be edit both in radian and manifold ?

regard's

radian doc import external data

Attachments:
radian_export-postgres.png

Book about Science , cosmological model , Interstellar travels

Boyle surface fr ,en

lionel

995 post(s)
#20-Aug-17 13:21

1) yes postgis is not include by default in postgres on Microsoft windows . After install projection definition and new geometry fonction : it is OK !!

3) i don't understand why if drawing is export to mapinfo and import to manifold i have a message when open nthe drawing that ask me " the projection of this component has not ben verifie . Click here to verify it .... ". if mapinfo support projection storage why i need to go to that step ? . Is there a default projection that override any import in manifold (M) and radian STudio ( RS) ...? Does the default projection on both ( M/RS) are same !! . I need to compare the 2 projections of the same file using manifold and radian . I try to see if there is a way using SQL to extract epsg or projection information in radian but no SQL function with the name proj in the query builder only epsg !! i ll expect a geom in input and a epsg in output but find not this kind of signature in the query builder !!

4) when use the query builder in RS about epsg i see <converter> can be create after combine <target> and <source>. What mean <source><target><converter> ? ..

5) is it common to create a new type in postgres ? How radian user ll code using the radian API to CAST This new type ?

i ll search in the doc ...

regard's

Book about Science , cosmological model , Interstellar travels

Boyle surface fr ,en

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#22-Aug-17 06:16

Glad to hear you have been able to work with PostgreSQL vectors.

Regarding other things:

3 - Neither Manifold 8 nor Radian override projection information if it is provided in the data. Augment with local scales / local offsets - yes, compose from different pieces of disjoint data - yes, but not override. It is just that sometimes the projection is not provided (or, say, our code cannot understand it). That's when Manifold 8 assigns the default projection and asks you to set it / confirm that you are OK with the default.

i ll expect a geom in input and a epsg in output but find not this kind of signature in the query builder !!

Geometry values no longer store coordinate system data in Radian, that info is stored in component properties. This is a change from Manifold 8.

4 - I guess you are asking about CoordConverterMake. This function takes a source coordinate system, a target coordinate system, and creates a converter object that can be used to convert coordinates from the former to the latter - with functions like CoordConvert.

5 - You can work with user types in PostgreSQL from Radian / Viewer using the PostgreSQL query engine. You can intermix statements sent to the PostgreSQL query engine with statements ran on the Radian query engine in the same query using EXECUTE [[ ... ]], for example.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.