Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Import All Fields As Text
joebocop
514 post(s)
#13-Sep-17 17:42

When importing a csv into a Manifold Future project, the software makes a determination of each field's data type, presumably by scanning the first n rows of the inbound document.

In Manifold 8 there had been an option on import to tick a box ("Import all fields as text") that would force the fields to be imported as text, which saves the hassle of having, for example, non-numeric data converted to the value 0 in a field containing integers in its first n rows.

I have carefully read the Radian Help "Import" topic, but I didn't see a way to force data types on import.

What is the best way to accomplish this behaviour in Manifold Future, at present? Do any of you other users thing it would be helpful to have control over field data types on import?

Thanks again.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#13-Sep-17 18:20

I haven't looked into this in detail, but that does sound like a good idea. In the meantime, perhaps you could put a first row with a text value like "text" or "thisfieldshouldbetext" into the .csv that had clearly text types where there are integers in the first n rows?

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.