Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Script: Precision for Drawings, Maps, etc
criga

215 post(s)
#05-Oct-17 21:40

I'm trying to access the Precision for components. For drawing this can be done with

drw.Epsilon

What Property or Method to you use for Maps?

Thanks, Chris

PS: what happened to the search function on this forum? Used to be at the bottom, but can't find it anymore

tjhb

7,452 post(s)
#05-Oct-17 22:04

Maps don't have a Precision or Epsilon property. The rules for what epsilon applies to an operation amongst components in a map are governed by properties of the components themselves, and component order. (It is not always the same in SQL as in the GUI. Details available for a detailed question.)

The search box is the blank rectangle at upper right. It works much better than the previous tool.

See this thread.

By the way I found that thread by typing

into the search box. It works really well.

criga

215 post(s)
#11-Oct-17 14:30

Thanks Tim

I admit I hadn't used the forum in a while and apparently am not up to speed with the search feature. I'll take a look at the thread you shared ....

would also be interested in learning more about precision applied in SQL and in the GUI/Maps, if you can point to any relevant resources (other posts, online help, etc)

Thanks so much, Chris

tjhb

7,452 post(s)
#11-Oct-17 22:32

I skipped on my homework here.

Very reluctant to gainsay Adam. I need to confirm carefully.

On the differences between SQL and GUI, I think I have only discussed this offline, with danb. Can make public.

criga

215 post(s)
#16-Oct-17 13:17

Thanks Tim

I'm not sure I ever got the Options Precision thing to make any difference in queries tbh. As for maps, I have noticed that the operation change when the map (not drawing!) precision is changed.

Chris

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.