Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Two new videos showing updated user manual examples
Dimitri

4,332 post(s)
#10-Oct-17 19:57

Two new videos have been published that re-do examples in the user manual:

- A video that repeats the Example: Style Panel Quickstart topic

- A video that repeats the Example: Format the Size of City Points by Population topic

Mike Pelletier

1,399 post(s)
#10-Oct-17 22:45

Glad your doing these videos and improving them whenever it's appropriate. Great learning tools!

ColinD

1,821 post(s)
#11-Oct-17 11:45

Really helpful Dimitri for someone as time poor as I am, thanks.

Aussie Nature Shots

Graeme

860 post(s)
#12-Oct-17 08:01

looked for "openstreet" topics in the Radian on-line help but have drawn a blank.

Is there a video / help topic example explaining how to magic vector drawings from Openstreet, as used in the "Style Panel Quickstart" video ?

I've cludged through create new data source / Type Web Server: osm which does add a "drawing" but it is empty. Future 163.4.

adamw

7,307 post(s)
#25-Oct-17 07:38

What's likely going on is that the bounding box covers too many objects and they are slow to come down (this is vector data, not raster, and the protocol does not provide much in the way of detail control so the amount of data increases significantly as you zoom out). This should be visible in the log window, it is probably overflowing with activity with our dataport busily slicing the request into manageable portions and the server responding "no, that's still too much", "no, slice more", "ok, that's small enough [... 5-6 minutes ...] here is 90 MB of data for that part".

Try zooming in (create a map with the OSM layer and a base image from Google or Bing and zoom in to "city scale").

Dimitri

4,332 post(s)
#25-Oct-17 08:07

Is there a video / help topic example explaining how to magic vector drawings from Openstreet, as used in the "Style Panel Quickstart" video

Not quite sure what you mean as OpenStreetMap is not used in the Style Panel Quickstart video. I guess you meant a different video... which one? Also, could you explain in other words "how to magic vector drawings"? - that's an English expression I don't know (yes, still learning... English is not my native language... )

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.