Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - see shape inside other shape in a drawing (v8)
lionel

519 post(s)
#11-Jan-18 19:50

Here it is about manifold V8

I always ask myself how can we see ( using ours eyes ) that a drawing contain shape that overlap ? .

I wanted to see if opacity could be apply to drawing but not . So i use a map that contain one drawing .

So yes opacity can be use to detect overlap shape ( area) when use drawing inside a map !!

Does it make sense that drawing has in its contextual menu the item call " opacity " or set by default to 50 % ?

both for lines and points we can see color are different when overlap exist on both drawing ( alone) and drawing inside map !!

Regards'

Attachments:
geom_overlap_color_inmap.png
opacity-55.png

join image "Because my dad promised me" interstellar from Manifold: Time by Stephen Baxter. power Math destruction

adamw

8,259 post(s)
#12-Jan-18 08:30

We have been thinking about allowing drawing objects and labels to be semi-transparent and we will likely do this, but there are several things we need to do before it (primarily means to control Z order).

apo53 post(s)
#30-Jan-18 10:35

Great this partly answers my question on per object transparency as it is in M8, for different reasons than the Lionel's ones.

By the way for the overlaping I would suggest to use SQL

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.