Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - the way i manage manifold exe
lionel

995 post(s)
#16-Jan-18 02:44

The gui is very different beetween manifold 8 and manifold 9/ edge so the question is rather How ca i know if i use manifold 9 or manifold Edge since the name at the top left side is the same " Manifold System"

manage to know which version i use .....

1) Since manifold 32 is still usefull and i use most of the time the cuting edge version. Since the icon are not the same beetween manifold 8 and mnifold 9/cuting edge ... i need only to know howto make difference beetween mdf9 and mdf9 edge software . when mouse over the mfd9 then appear the label " Manifold system 9 " that is mfd9 ( pay version) . What is strange is the name of the mfd9 cuting edge that is " manifold System 9 ( 2)" even i don't where does this name come ?. I try to rename the label by go to property en change the name but the name is not the name of the icon . The new name i set can be view when do a right click on the icon . !!!

But the problem is that in windows 10 all launch ( open) application has a white bar on the bottom so if i open manifold 9 ( standart /pay) and manifold9 edge in same time , i can't guess with the white bar set on the bottom of icon which software i use I have to take in account the background of the icon to know which software is active . In the capture screen the top left side show 3 manifold icon : the first and second have blank bar on bottom so are open , but only the first has grey background so is the active one .

So the best way is to pin and order the 3 manifold software from last ( left side ) to new ( right side ) order.

2) since i use mainly the last version ( cuting edge) , i don't want to configure each time the path os to the last cutting edge version after unzip it . So i unzip it and copy the content in the same directory . So copy mean copy paste ( replace/Destroy old contents) in the same folder name/call " manifold future" so all my my plugin and ironpython configuration are already configure . .

3) some other ways to know which version you are using are

- ctr L : for open console manifold 9 ( pay / edge) edge has beta in the name

- the image when launch manifold 8 , 9 , 9 edge

- help about

- add a fake plug in file with the name manifold9.cs or manifoldfuture.cs under/inside shared folder

Attachments:
manifold_console_version.png
manifold_future.cs
manifold_icon.png

Book about Science , cosmological model , Interstellar travels

Boyle surface fr ,en

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.