Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Polygon Style problem mfd9
gmohler2 post(s)
#13-Feb-18 22:16

Setting the border color to None also sets the area fill color to None for polygons (or by some other method makes the polygon not render). Other color options do not have this effect.

Using cutting edge 9.0.165.2

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#14-Feb-18 06:58

Setting foreground color to None hides objects, yes. This is intentional (a way to hide objects).

Is there any visual effect you are trying to produce without success? If so, what is it?

antoniocarlos

609 post(s)
#14-Feb-18 19:17

I think that intuitively, with (border color none) one would expect no borders shown but the colors of the drawing palette kept. Not hide the whole drawing. The effect I think is clunky to achieve (it is doable) is to just hide the borders of a drawing. M8 does the same by the way.

I may have seen this effect in one of the tutorial videos btw. Not sure which one.

ACGT

How soon?

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#15-Feb-18 09:08

The effect I think is clunky to achieve (it is doable) is to just hide the borders of a drawing.

There's no just hiding of borders while retaining fill, but you can get the same effect in practice by choosing the same color for border as you do for fill, at least when using area styles that are solid fills.

gmohler2 post(s)
#15-Feb-18 15:43

I was hoping it would emulate changing the Area Border Foreground in mfd8, not hide the whole drawing. Odd intentional behavior considering that that styling possibility is available in mfd8.

antoniocarlos

609 post(s)
#15-Feb-18 23:00

So basically we need an Set Area Border Foreground equal to Area Background function to visually fuse the area boundaries. In 8 just setting the Area Border Foreground to transparent does kind of do the trick but is not the same effect. I think you can see both settings on the enclosed map.

Attachments:
Regions.map

How soon?

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#16-Feb-18 06:19

We will add means to control the border.

gjsa100 post(s)
#22-Jun-18 00:50

Just to reiterate that this is an important feature and will be really welcome when it is rolled out.

(Currently, having to change the primary color to match the fill color is trivial for simple fill styles, but not at all trivial for custom fill colors over many classes/categories, because there is no function I'm aware of to copy and paste a style.)

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#22-Jun-18 01:13

but not at all trivial for custom fill colors over many classes/categories, because there is no function I'm aware of to copy and paste a style.

That is easily done. Just use SQL to UPDATE the mfd_meta table. You can do as many as you like at the same time. Instantaneous!

If you need help, give some example data.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#22-Jun-18 14:28

That is easily done. Just use SQL to UPDATE the mfd_meta table. You can do as many as you like at the same time. Instantaneous!

Or you can just edit the table interactively, as shown in the Example: Style Properties in the mfd_meta Table topic. Do one record at a time or hundreds instantly using the Select and Transform panels.

gjsa100 post(s)
#24-Jun-18 09:28

Ok will give those options a go. It's good to have an SQL work-around when the gui isnt yet able to switch the borders off.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.