Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Can't edit Metadat
pmckinnon2 post(s)
#21-Feb-18 21:46

Hi, I'm connecting to an ESRI enterprise geodatabase (10.5.1) in a SQL Server 2014 backend with no trouble. Formatting stored in the MFD_META table in the same database are being read, however Manifold does not seem able to write to it. If I attempt to add a component name in Administrator console, I receive the error "Can't edit Metadata", and if I attempt to change the formatting, the data is not saved to MFD_META. I can add and edit records manually in SQL. I have read through the forum and docs but cannot find any info on the specific error. I have investigated permissions and do not see any issues there.

Is the behaviour I'm seeing expected with an ESRI geodatabase or am I missing something?

We are using Database Administrator Edition - Manifold 8, build 8.0.29.0.

Thanks ~

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#22-Feb-18 08:31

I can add and edit records manually in SQL.

Just to be clear, do you mean that if you connect to the same database using a different product outside of Manifold 8 but with the same credentials, you can edit records in MFD_META? If so, that's probably not related to permissions.

It is hard to see what the issue is in this case without the data, unfortunately. I suggest you contact tech support. If you can send the backup of a database that can be used to reproduce the issue (perhaps a model one), that would be helpful. Details: reporting bugs.

pmckinnon2 post(s)
#22-Feb-18 14:11

Yes, I can edit the MFD_META table in other products with the same permissions and SQL profiler shows no permissions issues. Profiler records the insert attempt as RPC:Completed, and a transaction rollback immediately after. No SQL errors. Thanks.

firsttube

1,439 post(s)
#09-Mar-18 14:44

Did you find a resolution for this? We are going to be converting our SQL db to enterprise geodatabase and desktop editing will be done in Manifold 8.

"The blessing in life is finding the torture you are comfortable with." - Jerry Seinfeld, 6/26/2013

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.