Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Georegistration in 9. Improvments compared to 8.
geozap
264 post(s)
#19-Mar-18 18:35

9 doesn't support georegistration yet, but without doubt it will be added. Here are some improvements I think it will be good to have compared to 8:

1. When adding control points the Root Mean Square Error for each point and the overall for the transformation should be visible to the user. In 8 you can see it only after you have applied the transformation by using the error surface. This is not handy because in order to get errors for each point you used you have to create a drawing and then transfer heights from the surface to the points. In order to get the overall error of the transformation you have to calculate the average value of the error survace. Of course, in order to have the above option, the transformation to be used should be selectable during the procedure of adding points, and not when you press the register button.

Several times, reports of the transformations are required, so those improvements are very usefull in my opinion.

2. Related to the previous, the option to activate/deactivate the control points should be available to the user. The user might want to see how the rms (see 1.) changes when activating/deactivating a control point, and then decide what to keep and what to delete.

grmapper
245 post(s)
#21-Mar-18 14:54

Great thoughts. I do many registrations a year and pine for the same capabilities. One of the best features I have ever seen was in ERMapper where after you captured the four outermost points and then an internal point for instance based on a regular grid, it would automatically move to the next intersection, scan it and then either allow you to reposition or accept the position it saw as the middle of the graticule. Really handy.

BerndD

162 post(s)
#21-Mar-18 18:41

agreed.

Organizations that want to adapt to CHANGE are using products that can adapt.

www.yeymaps.io

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#23-Mar-18 13:26

When adding control points the Root Mean Square Error for each point and the overall for the transformation should be visible to the user.

A clarification: you want to see these values *before* performing the registration, correct?

Good suggestions, thanks.

geozap
264 post(s)
#23-Mar-18 18:48

Yes, before.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.