A new update for Manifold System is now available.
The update includes about a hundred of improvements and fixes, including:
- The Select and Transform panes support filtering templates.
- The Style pane allows specifying area size. The Record pane shows area size for areas and allows editing it if the drawing is using style overrides.
- Migrating a drawing from a MAP file created by Manifold 8 translates formatting data for area sizes. Migrating a labels component bound to a drawing from a MAP file created by Manifold 8 avoids creating extra computed fields to hold label text if the labels component was using a single field with no other text.
- Migrating a surface from a MAP file created by Manifold 8 translates shading options.
- Migrating components from a MAP file created by Manifold 8 re-creates the folder structure.
- Migrating components from a MAP file created by Manifold 8 migrates themes. The theme hierarchy is flattened with each theme converted into a drawing with formatting changes throughout the hierarchy captured.
- The Record pane for a label edits label text as a regular field value in the Values tab instead of using a separate text box in the Style tab. The record header for the field displays a distinctive icon. Starting a new label or starting to edit an existing label automatically selects the value of the text field in the Values tab in the Record pane.
- Pasting records between tables allows mapping fields using the new Paste dialog. By default, fields are mapped using their names and types. The default mapping for any field can be changed by editing it in the list.
- Pasting records into a table avoids displaying the Paste dialog if the system thinks it succeeded at mapping all fields possible. Holding Shift while invoking the paste operation (Ctrl-Shift-V) forces the dialog to appear regardless of how successful the system thinks it has been at mapping fields.
- The map window supports copying and pasting data for drawings and labels. Pasting records between drawings and labels automatically maps fields for geometry and / or text to each other.
- Pasting records into a table / drawing / labels automatically converts coordinate systems for geometry fields. The conversion is performed only if both the target and source fields have a valid coordinate system (displayed in black instead of red in the coordinate system pickers, eg, in the Component pane).
- New templates in the Select pane: Geoms Adjacent, Geoms Contained, Geoms Containing, Geoms Intersecting, Geoms Touching. Each template selects data in a drawing using an overlay drawing and the specified criteria. The templates are parallel. There is a live preview.
- New templates in the Transform pane: Geoms Adjacent, Geoms Contained, Geoms Containing, Geoms Intersecting, Geoms Touching. The templates are similar to those in the Select pane and add the objects that would have been selected as a new component, controlling transferred fields.
- Web dataports prioritize fetching tiles closer to the center of the requested area whenever possible. This produces a usable picture noticeably faster than fetching tiles in XY or YX order.
- New templates in the Transform pane: Contour Lines, Contour Areas. The templates allow specifying minimum height, maximum height, height step, and produce contour lines or areas. The templates are parallel. There is a live preview. Building contours in Manifold 9 is much faster than in Manifold 8.
- New template in the Transform pane: Trace Areas. The template allows specifying quantization factor and produces areas covering pixels with different values. The templates are parallel. There is a live preview. Tracing rasters in Manifold 9 is much faster than in Manifold 8.
- Contour Areas and Trace Areas templates in the Transform pane include an option to decompose created areas into shapes. Decomposing areas as part of building contours / traces uses a specialized algorithm which performs much faster than the regular algorithm used in the Decompose to Shapes transform.
- Creating new data source for CSV allows forcing all fields to text, specifying whether the first line contains field names, specifying characters used for list delimiter, decimal separator and text qualifier. The defaults for all options are to autodetect their values from file content. It is possible to keep some options on autodetect and set other options to explicit values.
- Reading a DWG or DXF file better handles block inserts and performs faster.
- Exporting a drawing to a DXF file exports areas as hatches instead of exporting area boundaries as lines. Importing a DXF file reads hatches back as areas.
The update is available on the Product Downloads page.