Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - orders things
lionel

455 post(s)
#20-May-18 12:46

from point there is no way to guess the relation beetween points to trace the shape that use thoses points ( see post here ) . So is there already an easy way to add to any ( or sub part) items of a drawing an index using sequence selection click or line creation ?

Here i have some points without relation then i create a multiline in a drawing of name orders and i want to be able to define the start value and increment value before manifold initiate all the selected point automaticly in a predefine column name of orders in the column of name orders in table of name points !! .

Does this kind of tool could be usefull in daily work ?

Attachments:
Example fill selection of records with data.mxb
orders_drawing-item.png

join image "Because my dad promised me" interstellar from Manifold: Time by Stephen Baxter. power Math destruction

lionel

455 post(s)
#20-May-18 13:54

1) in manifold 8 some behaviour here

If i copy drawing to another drawing , the id increment starting from the last id of the original drawing .

I need to use create "line " and not "line Sequence " to preserved the way i create the all line .

create line sequence seem to create 2 row : copy first starting point and create line sequence .

2) so the tool ll be a mix in mfd8 of create 2 tempory drawing/table and use relation table

2a on create manually ( using line shape )

2b create a table from line to extract point and order ( convert line/branchset to point .....)

2c create relation ( MEnu Table ->Relation) using a common column that can't be ID because ID value seem to be unique inside map container so id value in drawing1 can't be use in drawing 2 ( to be test not afirmative but copy paste drawing use different id value )

Attachments:
manifold8_orders-manually.png
order_v8.map

join image "Because my dad promised me" interstellar from Manifold: Time by Stephen Baxter. power Math destruction

adamw

7,948 post(s)
#22-May-18 09:36

I don't quite understand.

You have a table of points.

Do you want to order it by some automatic criteria and then put the sequential index of each record into a field? That's a SQL function (which we are going to add along with several similar functions, we don't haver them yet, for now it is best to use a script).

Or do you want to order it by clicking on first point, then on second, then on third, etc, with each click putting the incrementing index into the clicked record again? That's a UI tool.

lionel

455 post(s)
#23-May-18 00:19

Yes I want first : I have already point A B C ... and i want to orders them using number by use a draw a line that use the points. I know i hace to test howto convert a line to points and see if manifold SQL keep points orders !!

1) what mean compose point with Z ?

2) when choose convert lien to point what mean option checkbox keep branch ?

regard's

GeomConvertToPoint(<geom>, <keepBranches>) : <geom>

Takes a geom of arbitrary type and converts it to a point geom. Converting objects such as areas, lines or multipoints will result in a multipoint. The <keepBranches> argument is true or false, controlling whether to keep original branches (true) or join all coordinates into a single branch (false). Z values are preserved. See the Convert to Line transform in the Transform Templates - Geom topic.

I Was thinking that geom or geomWKT of multipoint will keep the orders when create the line but not .

The first 3 points coordinate follow the the "time line " creation not after thoses 3 points

Attachments:
multipoint_order.png

lionel

455 post(s)
#23-May-18 00:37

I Was thinking after use geomToPoints that geom result or or geomWKT ( to view the text content) of multipoints will keep the orders when create the line but not ...

adamw

7,948 post(s)
#28-May-18 09:45

There has been a thread recently on joining points ordered by field values into lines, you might want to check it out.

Compose Point with Z composes 3d point values from 3 fields.

The option to keep branches in GeomConvertToPoint controls whether the resulting (multi-)point will retain the grouping of coordinates to branches from the original object (true), or have a single branch with all coordinates put together (false).

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.