As a lot of you know, I have been writing a series of workbooks starting with How do I do that with ...
I've done it with Manifold 6.5, ArcGIS, Manifold SQL, PostGIS, Arcpy, and Spatialite. These are great books because they not only show how to do something but gives a user confidence of whether a particular product can check the boxes on those classic USGS GIS functions.
I'm finishing up a workbook called How do I do that in Manifold 9 SQL. However, I still feel there are some critical functions that are still not in Manifold 9, namely:
1. Find intersection points for areas or lines (like Intersection Point in 8).
2. Creating areas from spaghetti lines (like bounded areas in 8).
3. Convert vector to raster (I can do raster to vector, but not vector to raster).
5. Modify cell size.
6. Change values of raster pixels based on vector objects that overlay them.
7. Any kind of Kriging or IDW.
8. Raster operations on two images (i.e. add, multiply, etc.)
9. Obtain the sum of pixel values in a kernel (we can use TileMin, TileMax, but there doesn't seem to be a way to obtain the sum or average of the kernel).