Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - How to Format / Extract Tie Lines from Labels
atrushwo19 post(s)
#28-May-18 23:02

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how to format or extract the tie lines (callout lines) from point labels in Manifold 8? I can't find any way to do it in the GUI, nor can I find a way to reference their geometry with SQL.

Thanks,

Attachments:
Capture.JPG

tjhb

8,348 post(s)
#28-May-18 23:06

You can’t. They’re just part of dynamic display. (You can’t get locations of offset or optimized label text either.)

What is the underlying objective?

atrushwo19 post(s)
#28-May-18 23:35

My underlying objective is to thicken the tie lines such that they are more visible on some figures. We use them as label leaders to clean up congested labels.

Traditionally, I've had a junior trace them in a PDF markup program but I'm under a tight deadline and am looking at having to do it myself this time.

tjhb

8,348 post(s)
#28-May-18 23:53

Tradition is overrated.

atrushwo19 post(s)
#29-May-18 00:26

In this case, it most certainly is. Hence my desire to do it another way. Regardless, thanks for confirming my fears. I'm going to sleep on this and see if I can come up with an alternative.

Appreciated.

ColinD

1,880 post(s)
#29-May-18 01:35

I use Illustrator to format the callout lines.

Aussie Nature Shots

tjhb

8,348 post(s)
#29-May-18 01:55

How do you get the callout lines into Illustrator? I have never had luck exporting a layout to .ai (probably doing it wrong all these years); I tend to export raw vector data to DXF instead (so, without callouts of course).

ColinD

1,880 post(s)
#29-May-18 02:34

I export the layout as 300 dpi pdf and bring that into Illustrator. The callout lines are just visible to draw over. Generally I then export as a jpeg to go into a report.

Aussie Nature Shots

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.