Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - MySQL editing... help
tomasfa
149 post(s)
#14-Aug-18 01:19

Hi I am using M8. I created a Mysql database in AWS. Created the Data Source (MySQL ODBC) in M8 and I can see the db and tables. BUT, the columns of the table can't be edited? Is this normal or I am missing some other step to be able to modify the values in those columns in the table. I can create new columns from M8, but I can't fill them up with values...

I can see and work with the database from a different SQL client, perfectly. Even see the new columns from M8 instantly. I change some values and refresh in M8, and I see the changes. But, why I can't do that inside Manifold???

Can someone help me out or guide me in to the Manual section that can be useful, please.

I also tried in M9, The data source is created perfectly I can see the Database, but no tables are present. Just wierd. If I want to save the project, gives a Unknown Error...

Have a great one, everybody. Tomas

adamw

8,061 post(s)
#14-Aug-18 08:44

Regarding 9, the log window probably contains some notes on why exactly the data source does not show any tables. The issue is likely that 9 cannot find the DLLs for MySQL client. The easiest way to resolve this is to download these DLLs from the Release 9 Downloads page (scroll down to "DLLs for Popular Open Source DBMS Packages") and put them into ~\bin and ~\bin64 folders of the installation of 9. Restart 9 after you change the contents of ~\bin and ~\bin64 (in general, it is better to close all instances of 9, update the folders, then start 9 again).

Regarding 8, it is hard to say why specifically it cannot edit the table you have without knowing the schema of that table. Most likely, 8 cannot detect a unique index for the table. If so, fixing this would be beyond the scope of 8, better working with data on existing databases is part of why we created 9.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.