You're right, that was confusing, I cut some corners on that post. Manifold 188.8.131.52.
- I have a drawing that is linked to a query component. The geometry returned by that query is from a computed field in the underlying table.
- With the drawing component open, I "select" some points by ctrl-mouse-drag'ing a box over them.
- I press ctrl-c on the keyboard to "copy" the selected drawing features
- Over in the project pane I click on the "Paste" icon.
- I get a model error with the text 'computed': Unknown name
When I follow those steps where the original drawing is linked to a table (rather than a query, as is the failing workflow), whether or not that table's geometry is provided by a computed field, step #4 results in a new table component being created.
Seems like something weird about the fact the drawing is linked to a query rather than to an actual table.