Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Error Pasting Copied Selection
joebocop
348 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 03:35

I have a Drawing that is linked to a query component. That query SELECTs (among other fields) a field "geom_ll" which is a computed field, returning geometry.

When I select (like, with the mouse) some points in that Drawing, ctrl-C and then try to paste as a table, I get the error

'computed': Unknown name.

Is that expected?

tjhb

8,348 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 04:53

It sounds as if you are using Manifold 9. Is that right?

If so, there is no option to "paste as a table".

What exact steps are you trying?

joebocop
348 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 05:14

You're right, that was confusing, I cut some corners on that post. Manifold 9.0.168.1.

1. I have a drawing that is linked to a query component. The geometry returned by that query is from a computed field in the underlying table.
  2. With the drawing component open, I "select" some points by ctrl-mouse-drag'ing a box over them.
  3. I press ctrl-c on the keyboard to "copy" the selected drawing features
  4. Over in the project pane I click on the "Paste" icon.
  5. I get a model error with the text 'computed': Unknown name

When I follow those steps where the original drawing is linked to a table (rather than a query, as is the failing workflow), whether or not that table's geometry is provided by a computed field, step #4 results in a new table component being created.

Seems like something weird about the fact the drawing is linked to a query rather than to an actual table.

tjhb

8,348 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 06:51

Try replacing step 3 by

3. I open the underlying table, then press ctrl-c to copy the selected records.

Otherwise exactly the same.

Does that work?

rk
276 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 07:43

I do not have access to Manifold, but I think that pasting query results fails if there is any expression in SELECT.

--SQL9

SELECT

[value][name][property]

FROM

[mfd_meta]

;

-- can copy and paste the results

SELECT

[mfd_id][mfd_id] + 1 as [foo]

FROM

[mfd_meta]

;

-- cannot paste (as table)

-- 'computed': Unknown name

Can you test?

adamw

8,217 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 08:03

Yes, this is correct, if the result table contains fields produced by expressions (or marked as read-only for different reasons by the query engine), the records do not paste.

This is unintentional. We will fix it.

Dimitri

5,085 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 10:30

I do not have access to Manifold,

Sure you do. Run Viewer. It's free.

adamw

8,217 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 08:03

No, this is a bug. We will fix it.

Thanks a lot for the note!

joebocop
348 post(s)
#24-Aug-18 16:51

Thanks guys!

My strategy with Manifold; post a topic before bed, wake up in the morning to a resolution. Georeference.org seems to favour us in PST.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.