Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Drawing displacement when opening an 8 map in 9
Graeme

933 post(s)
#27-Sep-18 04:43

Revisiting a project several years old for an update, created in M8. It has a map based on an Openstreet image with drawings in a local grid projection MGA9455 and orthographic with suggested center latitude and longitude values. All appears as expected in M8. However if opened in M9 the orthographic drawings are drawn c.20,000m south - see screenshots.

I tried to make a new map in 8 - 8 to 9 test - reflecting the same workflow but in a different part of the same MGA zone, it came across to 9 fine, but with the appearance of some strange lines in the default world view which do not actually exist - they carry through to a printed layout pdf too, mxb attached.

Attachments:
8 to 9 test.mxb
M8 Map.PNG
M9 Map.PNG

adamw

8,139 post(s)
#27-Sep-18 09:49

Could you post the original MAP file for 8? The picture I am seeing for the MXB is different from the PNG for 9 that you posted. It also seems to be different from the PNG for 8 that you posted, we need coordinates to check what specifically got shifted to investigate.

Graeme

933 post(s)
#28-Sep-18 03:48

The MXB is different - it's the subject of para 2 in the post i.e. an unrelated "artifact" to the main subject. I didn't post the original as it is commercial. I'll send a link to tech though.

adamw

8,139 post(s)
#28-Sep-18 07:54

Thanks for the clarification, I misread what the MXB is originally. And thanks for sending a note to tech, we'll check what is going on.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.