Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Any reason why PostGres would not work?
djmcbell47 post(s)
#08-Oct-18 01:59

Bit of a complicated one. I've got Manifold 8 (both 32 bit and 64 bit) installed on my machine. We produce map files by calling a MappingService, which produces and then emails the map for us. Basically, it loads up the map using a mapServer, makes the changes required, and exports the layout to pdf before emailing.

This is all well and good, and I'm starting to get my head around the code. However, I've been asked to make changes to a map and test it on my local machine.

As I say, I have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed, and they can both connect to the PostGres server and database in which we store some of our data. However, when I run the test through Visual Studio, no matter whether I choose 32 or 64 bit, it won't connect to PostGres and the layers required don't come through.

As an aside, it does connect to our SQL server (which stores some of the data we use to populate the layers, but not all).

I know this one sounds very specific, but does anyone have any idea as to anything I might be missing?

EDIT - I did just find out that the 32-bit version was missing a load of dlls which meant it couldn't connect, including libpq, but copied them over from a working copy. 32-bit version now connecting, but it still won't when testing.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#08-Oct-18 06:36

Permissions?

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#09-Oct-18 10:49

If you can connect to PostgreSQL when you launch Manifold interactively, but suddenly cannot connect to it if you access the Manifold object model in the context of a different application, I'd examine the environment for that different application. Eg, if it gets launched under a different user account, that user account might not have path to PostgreSQL DLLs in the PATH variable. Or, as Dimitri says, it might not have permissions to read / write the (MAP?) files you are trying to access.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.