Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - M9 Print Preview
jw15 post(s)
#29-Oct-18 22:53

From the way I read the manual, Print Preview should create a new temporary layout of what I see on the screen.

"quickly printing what we see in a display window"

What I get instead is a new layout zoomed to extents. I realize I can double click and zoom in again, but I already did that once. Is this intended behavior or is it on the radar to be fixed?

thanks

(seen on 64 bit, 9.0.168.0 installed, 64 bit 9.0.168.3 and 4 portable)

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#30-Oct-18 05:40

"quickly printing what we see in a display window"

I think that is intended to mean "quickly printing the contents of the active window."

Whenever you add a frame to a component it gets zoomed to extents, so automatically doing that for whatever is the current window does the same thing.

I guess the downside of such terse documentation as Manifold's is the occasional ambiguity. :-) I've filed a suggestion to correct the text.

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#30-Oct-18 07:09

Whenever you add a frame to a component it gets zoomed to extents, so automatically doing that for whatever is the current window does the same thing.

BTW I don't like this automatic reaction of Mfd8 and Mfd9. My personal Area of Interest in that very moment has a high priority for my work and I tend to accept the drawback that I might miss added elements not covered by the present view. I usually have to change view back again at once.

Do you really want to ruin economy only to save the planet?

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#30-Oct-18 08:21

We are planning to change this to retain the view in the original window.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.