Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Google image servers not working in M9?
philw
96 post(s)
#27-Nov-18 09:12

I cant seem to get the Google image server(s) to work in M9 at the moment. Bing, Wikimapia, OpenStreet Maps etc still work. Anyone else having this issue?

Dimitri

5,119 post(s)
#27-Nov-18 09:30

I don't have any issues with the regular servers. I don't use the v2 servers.

Are you using an API key?

They might shut you off if you don't use an API key as they ask, or if you exceed what they consider to be reasonable use for a free key. See prior threads on this in the forum.

Dimitri

5,119 post(s)
#27-Nov-18 11:46

To expand on that...

I don't usually use Google, but I've been trying the Google satellite and street map servers this afternoon. From here in Europe they seem slow to respond, as if there is a delay of ten or more seconds and then it all comes it. I don't think it's a proxy issue in my Internet as Bing is the usual response.

Who knows... (only the AI now running Google knows...).

philw
96 post(s)
#28-Nov-18 01:33

I'm just using the Create>New Favorite Data Source>Google Maps v2 satellite function in M9. Tested again this morning but not working, even after several minutes no image appears. I just tried the original (not v2) Google Maps Satellite image server and that works OK. I was not aware there were two versions, the non-v2 version will do for now.

Dimitri

5,119 post(s)
#28-Nov-18 05:32

Are you using an API key? In many parts of the world Google insists on using API keys.

Using the older version is also a risk, since it has been deprecated. For example, the older version of Google Terrain seems to have been altered to return different pixel levels, making what used to be a nice display dark shades of black.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.