Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - LBCS Color Pallets
gpBike1001
12 post(s)
#06-Dec-18 16:05

Could the five Land Based Classification Standards (LBCS ) color pallets, as devised by the American Planning Association, be made available as an additional set of Classic color pallets in M9? I was able to do this for my own use in M8 with a pallets description .xml add-in file, but I don’t see any way to do the same in M9 (as yet). These pallets may be of general interest to all M9 users anyway, so incorporating them into the core software might be a worthwhile enhancement.

antoniocarlos

514 post(s)
#07-Dec-18 00:46

This is a very good idea.

Here is a reference.

https://www.planning.org/lbcs/

How soon?

tjhb

8,410 post(s)
#07-Dec-18 01:32

I think it’s a daft idea.

There are many “standard” landcover palettes. We don’t want all of them added out-of-the-box.

Better I think to suggest a way to load custom palettes for local use.

antoniocarlos

514 post(s)
#08-Dec-18 12:08

I don't think it is a "daft" idea, but yours is better.

How soon?

tjhb

8,410 post(s)
#08-Dec-18 20:54

It would have been better to omit my first sentence, it didn't help at all, you are right.

Being able to add palettes of custom colours (and edit and save them) would be great.

It would be interesting to discuss file formats for the purpose. Manifold 9 tends to use JSON where possible. XML too? I would find Adobe ASE (swatch exchange) format very useful. What about ESRI formats? Others?

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.