Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Manifold 8 WMS issue - unsupported crs: CRS:84-
steveFitz

239 post(s)
#30-Jan-19 06:42

I'm using a wms service https://base.maps.vic.gov.au/service?service=wms&request=getCapabilities

but no image is showing. I get the folders and image file names only.

Error in History is "unsupported crs: CRS:84"

Is there any way around this?

As a matter of interest M9 is handling the wms fine.

Steve

KlausDE

6,378 post(s)
#30-Jan-19 07:49

Two possible reasons come to mind:

<Fees>

Contact gis.helpdesk@delwp.vic.gov.au for fees and access

</Fees>

<AccessConstraints>

Vicmap Basemaps is a licensed service available on 9 to 5 Service Level Agreement (SLA). It should be also noted that Vicmap Basemaps hosting hardware is managed 24/7 but we are unable to respond to your needs outside of business hours. An annual license fee is payable and is based on usage by the clients business. The business may deploy any number of Web Map applications and / or consume the tile service internally utilising a GIS front end such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo or QGIS. The license fee is based on the combined usage total by that organisation, unit of measure being map page impressions. Should the existing client be either a Vicmap Licensee or Coordinated Imagery Program (CIP) member further discounts will apply. Please contact the Vicmap Basemaps Product Manager to discuss your licensing options.

</AccessConstraints>

Do you have access? OK, with Mfd9 you apparently have.

Mfd8 doesn't allow to choose between options. It just takes the first item. That is CRS:84 in this case.

You could copy a modified Capabilities document to a web server, where the CRS:84 item is deleted and the next projection EPSG:3857 will be used.

In the original Capabilities document CRS:84 is missing in the Layers section but on first position of the list of bounding boxes. That my puzzle Mfd8 lacking selection of choices.

Shutdown adjusts priorities: Do we really want to go back to where we came from?

steveFitz

239 post(s)
#30-Jan-19 23:41

Thanks Klaus.

The service is free but they still have that stuff about fees in there, I don't know why. I did ask them about the licensing but they didn't respond. No login required.

You could copy a modified Capabilities document to a web server, where the CRS:84 item is deleted and the next projection EPSG:3857 will be used.

I don't think this is something I could do is it?

It works fine in Mfd9 but I can't clip my area of interest as a georeferenced image.

I guess its just a limitation of Mfd8.

adamw

9,299 post(s)
#31-Jan-19 09:32

Yes, it's just a limitation of 8. :-(

Just in case, CRS:84 is lat/lon, WGS84.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2019 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.