Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Table Layers in M9
gpBike1001
48 post(s)
#12-Jun-19 23:04

Instead of hiding a table column when I double-click the small box in the table layers panel, my cursor immediately jumps to the point size cell. According to the manual this is not supposed to happen, so I don't know what's going on. Is there another way to hide/unhide table columns?

It would be nice too if when selecting into the point size cell, the point size value were selected for replacement rather than as required now that a new value be typed in and then the old value deleted with several strokes of the delete key.

oeaulong

521 post(s)
#13-Jun-19 02:50

In addition: Similar behavior is seen in the Layers panel for Maps. Where double-click on the small white/grey box jumps to editing the Opacity of this layer. A double-click on the component tab in the base of the map still toggles the visibility of the layer.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#13-Jun-19 07:53

Build 9.0.169.2 has introduced new features for the Layers pane different than shown in this topic. See the Changes and Additions topic for guidance while this topic is being updated.

169.2 uses the spacebar to toggle layers on/off in the layers pane. See the Changes and Additions topic or the release notes for 169.2 in the forum.

oeaulong

521 post(s)
#13-Jun-19 14:06

Thank you Dimitri.

gpBike1001
48 post(s)
#13-Jun-19 14:57

Thanks as well from me.

tonyw
736 post(s)
#14-Jun-19 17:45

Toggling layers on and off with the space bar works well. In interactive mapping sessions I can keep clicking the spacebar to make a layer flash on and off to show meeting participants what has changed or highlight reference layers. Coupled with selecting layers by up/down arrow, I can quickly answer questions as they come up.

I will post a separate suggestion about selecting layers for styling using the up down arrows.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#14-Jun-19 19:32

The click on the toggle icon is back in 169.3, but I think the target area for the click should be slightly expanded, so you don't have to click right on the icon.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.