Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Some useful new topics in the documentation
Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#13-Jun-19 16:43

There are a few new topics that have appeared that have cleared up what were some enduring mysteries for me, so maybe they can help others:

Example: Convert a 0 to 360 Degree Projection - I could never figure out what to do what a lat/lon drawing or image that used 0 to 360 instead of -+ 180 for longitudes. This shows how.

Example: Expression Context and Computed Fields - This has a series of examples that cleared up some fine points for me, like how to create a computed field that uses a script.

Computed Fields - Useful examples and analogs to Release 8 implicit fields.

LPK ESRI - Turns out you can import ArcGIS layer packages into 9. It always annoyed me that ESRI publishes so much free stuff in .lpk format. No more! :-)

Transform: Watersheds - I guess this will evolve when fill sinks and other features appear, but for now it is useful as is.

Forgot to mention: that first topic has an interesting link for the sample images. Here's a map of the world as it was in the early eocene era:

Attachments:
early_eocene.png

dchall8
1,008 post(s)
#13-Jun-19 22:45

I see the link, but I don't see a ready link to images. Did you have to sift through a bunch of research projects to find this?

rk
621 post(s)
#14-Jun-19 07:35

ftp-link is at the bottom of the help topic.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#14-Jun-19 07:42

I see the link, but I don't see a ready link to images.

In the Notes at the end of the topic.

Did you have to sift through a bunch of research projects to find this?

No, I just read the topic and found the link in the notes. I think the original site was found by a Manifold user who asked tech support how to deal with a 0 to 360 longitude range. It's interesting data.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.