Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - M9. Worth a feature suggestion? Selecting a layer in the Layers pane to apply styling
tonyw
736 post(s)
#14-Jun-19 18:08

To select a layer to apply Styles, I need to click on the tab for the layer on the bottom of a map (or open the layer or component in its own window). When I have many layers in a map, the layer name is truncated to maybe the first 6-8 characters so it's hard to find the layer I want to Style. True, hovering shows the full layer name but it takes time to hunt for the layer I want. Alternatively there is the down arrow to click to the right of the right-most tab to show a list of layers, clicking on a layer puts the focus on that layer.

What if we could put the focus on a layer from the Layer pane for Styling, Transformation, etc. Say a left click on a layer to make that layer the active layer would do it. Before I submit a feature request, is there a disadvantage if a left click could change focus on layers?

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#14-Jun-19 19:34

Sometimes you want the focus to stay where it is while you turn other layers on/off, move them in the vertical stack, etc. No reason there couldn't be some way to do this, though.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.