Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Image rendering glitch with transform preview
tjhb

8,805 post(s)
#26-Jun-19 01:17

This affects 9.0.169.4 with an image whose Rect does not begin at (0, 0).

The image in the sample project (Dropbox, 3.2 MB) is the result of transforming a subsetted image (one where the Rect property was used to make a "virtual crop"). Applying the transform (Fill Sinks in this case) has "netted off" the subsetting; in other words the virtual crop is now actual; the new table only includes tiles that are shown in the new image.

On the other hand, since the exact coordinate system of the original image is used for the new image, including its local offsets and scales, the exact Rect property is also copied, and does not start at (0, 0). The Rect property for both images is '[ 41000, 54000, 42000, 55000 ]'.

All that is as expected.

What is unexpected is some display corruption, when the Transform pane is opened for the new image, and a transform is selected for preview (any transform wll do it). Several image tiles are not rendered. With this image it is always the same 3 tiles that do not appear. The "missing" tiles can, however, be Alt-clicked (then they reappear); and their contents is used in the transform result.

(Only tested on one machine so far.)

Attachments:
example.jpg

danb

1,704 post(s)
#26-Jun-19 06:30

Same result on my machine here. 9.0.169.4 x64

Landsystems Ltd ... Know your land | www.landsystems.co.nz

tjhb

8,805 post(s)
#26-Jun-19 06:41

Thanks Dan.

adamw

8,634 post(s)
#26-Jun-19 08:54

We'll check, thanks.

On a related note, we want to rework how we do the preview for transforms slightly because with the current logic the preview for some transforms ends up being not very useful. (Eg, for watersheds, unless the current zoom level is close to 1:1, the preview will currently show vector shapes that will perhaps convey the general idea of what is going to happen, but not much more than that.)

tjhb

8,805 post(s)
#26-Jun-19 09:50

A related thought. Area previews over imagery can hide more than they show, since the solid blue preview fill obscures its image context.

danb

1,704 post(s)
#26-Jun-19 19:48

You beat me to it Tim, I was going to cite the trace areas transform where I often wish to tune the similarity parameter to suit my purpose but it would be helpful to be able to still see the image in the preview and what boundaries are being traced.

Landsystems Ltd ... Know your land | www.landsystems.co.nz

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.