Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Can't Link image tiles in M9
Ian
238 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 00:54

I have just been trying to link about 40 image tiles into a M9 project. They all look like they have linked and show up in the project pane but only the first four are actually there. When I open number 5 onward they just show as a line on the screen. I have linked and use all of the same images in M8 with no problem. Where do I look to find what the issue could be?

tjhb

8,846 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 01:15

You will probably need to give more details (file format, data source), and at least two of the image files (one that works, one that does not).

Ian
238 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 02:13

File format is jpeg2000 and images are sourced from LINZ. Tried uploading a couple of the files but can't do it, guess they are too big.

Rakau76 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 03:21

Have you tried using a style option.

I had a similar issue little while ago. Found that I bring them all into a map, merge, and then style the merged image. From memory needed to set RGBA, then use channel 0

Ian
238 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 22:28

I can't even bring them into a map, they don't open as individual files, there is nothing there

tjhb

8,846 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 04:12

A link to original source files would be just as good.

Ian
238 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 22:29

Not quite sure how to do that as you have to be a registered user of LINZ and it is a specific download I have created on my account

tjhb

8,846 post(s)
#11-Sep-19 22:44

You could say what layer you downloaded, and supply an AOI if you used one. Other LINZ users would then be able to download the same data.

Ian
238 post(s)
#13-Sep-19 04:32

Have just been looking through the list of files that download with the image files from LINZ and it turns out that a large number of the JP2 files have two XML files with them. The tiles that will load in M9 only have one XML so I am guessing this is the problem - don't know why M8 still works, unless it only reads the first one??. Have uploaded two of the XML files that are associated with one of the image tiles.

Attachments:
AX27_0609_5000_2015.jp2.aux.xml
AX27_0609_5000_2015.xml

Dimitri

5,519 post(s)
#13-Sep-19 08:19

Don't make this like pulling teeth. :-)

Please do what Tim asked:

[give..] least two of the image files (one that works, one that does not).

The best way to figure out why you are having a problem is to start with the original data. All of it. ...and not just XML files for one of the data sets. You may be right guessing about XML files, or you may be wrong. It might be a bug in 9, or it might be user error, or it might be a mix of both. The way to find out starts with full and complete starting data in the original form.

Have you read the "Coordinate System Formats and Accessory Files" section of the projections topic?

oeaulong

213 post(s)
#13-Sep-19 19:20

Using: https://data.linz.govt.nz/x/ZAuniH a 2.8MB download.

I was able to get a blank white screen on linking into Mfd9.

Ian, Check your Alpha channel 3 to see if you are obscuring (fully or partially) the RGB channels. Try setting the Assign Channels button in the Style tab for the image to RGB only, update and see if this changes things. this sets the Channel 3 to "Value".

tjhb

8,846 post(s)
#14-Sep-19 01:19

I bet you are exactly right. It may be that some of the LINZ images have an Alpha channel and some don't--and in some cases the Alpha channel could be inverted.

If that is the case then the answer Ian's original question

Where do I look to find what the issue could be?

is under the Style / Formatting heading, at the topic Style: images.

jsperr61 post(s)
#15-Sep-19 13:40

This suggestion worked for me -- set to RGB, update, and the image appears.

Thank you everyone who contributes to the forum -- I learn a ton of stuff here.

Ian
238 post(s)
#17-Sep-19 22:22

That works, thanks heaps. Was hoping to save time by not having to deal with each tile individually like in M8. LINZ data not so helpful unfortunately. Thanks again.

oeaulong

213 post(s)
#17-Sep-19 23:30

Was hoping to save time by not having to deal with each tile individually like in M8.

You don't have to. One of the main reasons that Manifold has moved to an "everything in a table" platform is to allow these changes to be made with ease. First review

Style - Channel and Outputs to see that if you pull up the Properties of any image that has style updated, you will see a Property called StylePixel and that its value is set to a JSON string. These are stored for the .MAP file in the "System Data/mfd_meta" table. Once your images are imported you need only set this Property for each file to the same JSON string to propagate the changes to the other files. This can be done by editing the mfd_meta file, but is probably best done with SQL. I will leave it to you to work that query out.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.