Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Overlay not selecting properly
RAR9 post(s)
#02-Nov-19 12:58

Does anybody have an issue with overlay?

I seem to have problem running overlay: it does not work properly say with containing.

Thank you,

Dimitri

5,598 post(s)
#02-Nov-19 13:09

Works perfectly for me. Have you tried repeating the Overlay Containing example topic? What happens when you do that?

RAR9 post(s)
#02-Nov-19 13:26

Dimitri,

I followed that sample example but it seems like the function select everything.

I am attaching a small sample map for you to try.

Thank you,

Attachments:
sample.map
ScreenShot.jpg

Dimitri

5,598 post(s)
#03-Nov-19 06:22

I followed that sample example but it seems like the function select everything.

If you exactly followed the example you would have gotten the same results. You're missing something, and we can't tell what you're missing if you don't tell us step-by-step what you are doing.

I've attached the .map file used in that example. Try using that to repeat the example exactly as it is written. If you don't get the same results, that means you skipped over some step in the example, like not having the right active layer when you do the overlay.

Focus on getting all the details right when you do the example. When you get that working, that will show you that overlay containing works correctly. You can then apply the same process to your project.

If you have any trouble with your project, come back to the forum and post exactly what you are doing step by step, not leaving out any details. Quite often when you write down every detail you'll find the problem yourself when you notice some necessary step wasn't done.

Attachments:
eg overlay containing.mxb

RAR9 post(s)
#03-Nov-19 13:02

Thank you Dimitri.

I think I missed some step; tt is working properly now.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2019 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.