Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Optimal Route computation - is it possible using new Closest Path transforms
RonHendrickson
283 post(s)
#14-Feb-20 18:37

First of all, the latest videos comparing Manifold 9 to ESRI's new Spatial Analysis tools are great. Quite impressive demonstrations of Manifold's parallel computation superiority and Manifold's code team's ability to quickly create new transforms. I am not a user of ESRI due to its price, but I applaud Manifold in giving them credit where it is due.

My question is this: can any of these new transforms (closest .... etc.) be used to duplicate the Manifold 8 Optimal Route function within the Business Tools package? Or is there a SQL query that could do the same thing? I am referring to creating a line object that shows the minimal distance over a road network from one point on the network to another.

Another much used tool (by me, anyway) would be a capability to do Drive Time Zones in Manifold 9.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#15-Feb-20 05:34

duplicate the Manifold 8 Optimal Route function within the Business Tools package?

No, not yet. Those are all routing functions on vectors (drawings), which 9 has not yet added. It will.

RonHendrickson
283 post(s)
#16-Feb-20 03:28

Thanks!

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.