Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - M8 link image wms gives no result
Sev
452 post(s)
#18-May-20 00:55

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get a wms link working in M8 (got working in M9 no problem). Here's the url..

https://spatial-img.information.qld.gov.au/arcgis/services/Basemaps/LatestStateProgram_AllUsers/ImageServer/WMSServer

The link works when entered in the dialogue box, and shows the one available layer, which is selected. However, when I open the linked image, no result shows....any ideas?

Attachments:
Link Image Dialogue.jpg

tjhb

9,223 post(s)
#18-May-20 01:03

So why use 8? You left that out.

Sev
452 post(s)
#20-May-20 01:44

I have a number of projects created in 8, and when I import them into 9 it seems as though they will require a lot of work to get looking how I would like in the layouts. The options are not there in 9 yet for things like a grid, center lat/lon etc in display....so I just keep it in 8.

Attachments:
2020-05-20_104156.jpg

adamw

9,135 post(s)
#18-May-20 11:06

The server declares that it supports multiple output formats. 9 chooses image/png which works. 8 chooses image/gif which does not, the server returns binary data of size zero.

The problem is technically with the server - it should either start returning valid image/gif data or stop declaring that it can do so.

Sev
452 post(s)
#20-May-20 02:26

Ok, thanks Adam, I'll give up trying.

adamw

9,135 post(s)
#20-May-20 16:35

You can re-route the server through your own and edit the capabilities document to exclude the image/gif format which it evidently does not support. That is, play man in the middle. Here's one open source tool that can do this:

https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/cascaded/wms.html

We will consider allowing to specify the image format explicitly in 9, to help with such cases, there are other servers that do this. Right now, 9 is almost as vulnerable as 8 is, if the server didn't properly support the format that 9 chosen, we'd see nothing in 9 either.

Plus, of course, we are working to extend 9 to have everything 8 has. :-)

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2019 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.