Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - pdf-problem
Bernd Raab64 post(s)
#04-Nov-20 11:36

I created a layout with aerial photographs from a wms-source. They show correctly in the map and the layout, but when I print the layout to pdf (microsoft print to pdf) the aerials do not show, only the vector data and the legend are visible. It works in GlobalMapper and QGIS too. I've tested another pdf-printer without success.

If I create a registered screenshot of the aerials the data is visible.

oeaulong

521 post(s)
#04-Nov-20 18:06

Interested in this as I am too.

Have you tried a file source of images from that area to test?

Bernd Raab64 post(s)
#04-Nov-20 21:06

yes, i have tested it. Bing and Google as imageservers works - not wms-sources. But what's strange, it works in some projects and in some not (tested with five different projects). In the moment i try to find the reason why, maybe projects created with earlier versions of cutting edge builds have layout conflicts with 9.0.172.6. But this is a rough guess.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#05-Nov-20 03:54

have layout conflicts

Not likely. More likely it is the WMS servers with issues like bounding boxes. 172.6 (see the What's New page) handles misconfigured WMS servers better, for example.

Try different PDF printers that allow you to set resolution for the vectorization, as well, since all that gets passed ultimately to the WMS server when the data source pulls imagery from the WMS to populate what is in the layout at the resolution commanded by the printer driver.

KlausDE

6,410 post(s)
#11-Mar-21 21:19

Try different PDF printers that allow you to set resolution for the vectorization,

... and the appropriate raster resolution....

This should not be my task.

WMS servers provide information about the range of pixel resolutions they support. So if there is a WMS service or any other raster format minimum and maximum resolution should be respected by the rendere. The printer driver will support one dpi setting only and it's a cumbersome way to test the optimum by trail an error when you export or print a map to size E .

I can imagine the manifold rendere to respect the range of valid resolution settings for every component in the map/layout and fetch data in the resolution nearest to the current scale and output device.

All printer drivers I know at best allow to set one raster resolution. That's OK for file size and output quality - if the render machine sends raster data in that resolution and doesn't swamp WMS servers with known invalid requests.

To simple thinking without kowledge about the technical complexity? Probably yes. However a system frozen by to high resolution asked from a WMS server, that communicated it's valid range - as we have now - is no option on the long run TMO.

Do you really want to ruin economy only to save the planet?

Sloots

678 post(s)
#11-Mar-21 13:51

Had the same problem with CutePDF as printer driver. Changed to Bullzip PDF, et voila!

http://www.mppng.nl/manifold/pointlabeler

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#11-Mar-21 19:19

Interesting. Are you using the Professional or Expert version (max 600dpi, and with colour profile control), or the Community or Standard version (max 150dpi, without).

(I am thinking of buying to replace an ageing Acrobat product.)

Sloots

678 post(s)
#11-Mar-21 20:58

The free version. I'm dutch you know :-)

http://www.mppng.nl/manifold/pointlabeler

lionel

995 post(s)
#12-Mar-21 00:13

it seem there is more and more new pdf tools this day !!

so hard to know why choose this one rather another one . Manifold documentation name one : Does this recommanded pdf tools work resolve the issue discuss here ?

The software pdf name is freepdf FreePdf download | SourceForge.net

But an old post from me is about another one : I also test Flexi PDF from SoftMaker( find in manifold Documentation , you need to register to download the software

pdf 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bullzip.com - Free PDF Printer

Book about Science , cosmological model , Interstellar travels

Boyle surface fr ,en

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.