Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - New video - Previews
Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#30-Nov-20 18:18

There's a new video about previews on the Videos page. This is a preliminary effort, but it's still useful. There should probably be a short series of these.

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#30-Nov-20 19:49

Very nice. I think it would be natural, after demonstrating the Preview capabilities, to press Transform, to show the relationship between the two.

dale

630 post(s)
#30-Nov-20 20:21

I like the implementation of the Preview bar, with the split screen, and slide. That slider implemented between layers in a map window would be very useful.

Nicely done.

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#01-Dec-20 00:10

Dale, do you mean so that, e.g., layers above the active layer (tab) would be visible to Left or Right of the split (slider), invisible on the opposite side? That would be great too.

dale

630 post(s)
#01-Dec-20 04:42

Yes, in way that the preview results in a map window are a layer in themselves and have visual focus. Having an active layer that used the same right button click options as the preview header bar would permit the user to split, hide or slide upper layers.

I did wonder if order is important here, so split/hide/reveal lower layers, my thinking in my case is that the lower layer is the reference layer, and layers above are the variables that I wish to examine for change.

My use case is to either compare two images that are temporally different, or to examine digitising extents, by sliding a drawing layer to invisible and back again.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#01-Dec-20 07:46

Yes, that's on deck. Much of the infrastructure work put into Previews is in there to enable follow on features that end up using the same infrastructure. A "reveal" feature is one of those.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.