Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - json file not loading (import) although well formatted
yves61
438 post(s)
#02-Dec-20 11:02

I have a Json file that Manifold will not load.

I checked the formatting of this json file with jsonFormatter, JsonCompare, codeBeautify and all return no errors.

What could be wrong ? What shoiuld I check besides what jsonFormatter, JsonCompare and codeBeautify do?

Unfortunately I cannot not show / upload this file on the forum.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#02-Dec-20 11:30

I have a Json file that Manifold will not load.

How are you trying to load it? Is the file larger than 2 GB?

yves61
438 post(s)
#02-Dec-20 12:24

Dilitri.

The file is just 786 kB. I am using File-Import.

I also uploaded the original file to jsonFormatter, JsonCompare, codeBeautify for test formatting and downloaded back the result , then tried to import the downloaded file, but this returns no success in Manifold too on import.

The jsonfile past RFC8259 formatting sucessfully.

chouse
69 post(s)
#02-Dec-20 13:07

I have recently been working with json files in Manifold so I'll speak to my experience. What I've found is that some json/geojson creation methods may create a geojson with a .json extension. It will probably matter if the file is formatted as geojson but has a .json extension. In that case leave the drop down to "all files" select the .json file, then change the drop down to the .geojson extension. The file will import just fine.

That's been my experience I hope it helps you figure it out.

adamw

10,447 post(s)
#02-Dec-20 14:09

(To yves61)

...if this doesn't help, consider sending a note to tech support and sharing the file only with them.

The JSON importer creates a table whenever it thinks it sees something resembling one. It is possible that the heuristic does not kick in due to the data being structured differently from the recognized patterns.

yves61
438 post(s)
#02-Dec-20 14:53

The file is a plain json (text) file.

I will send the file to tech support.

Thanks so far.

Sloots

678 post(s)
#02-Dec-20 16:07

Perhaps the file starts with a Byte Order Mark (BOM). I recently struggled with such a json file...

http://www.mppng.nl/manifold/pointlabeler

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.