Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Heic image not viewable in manifold gis viewer
lionel

700 post(s)
#30-Jan-21 16:50

Hi

In test *.heic ( git demo file) that is a image format commonly use on Apple/MAc that should replace jpeg . In my PC no problem to view this file ( i I have on my PC many pay codec for audio and video) but for the call it new PC i discover that I can't open it using old sofware and free codec .

I test the tiff view cover in a manifold post and nothing can be view ! instead using Microsoft Photo !!

I test paint.net that support heic but discover by read this forum post that it is not internally implemented and need specific windows OS and OS component ! I think that the Free HEIVC plug in in microsoft Store don't work and only the HEVC pay codec should work ( don't test on the new PC )

I test manifold viewer that support heic but nothing can be view ( import seem to work but not view )

So there is image format in manifold that could not be supported because there a missing component or dll not install in OS ?

I try to install from Microsoft Store some HEVC HEIF software

-Extension d'image HEIF ( gratuit = free, not work )

-Exension Vidéo HEVC ( 0,99€ ) ( buy it but let me install only on my register OS , not the new PC , ) .

On microsoft store i have problem to understand how buying software can be install on another new PC where there my Microsoft avccount is not set . The rules of MS Store seem to there can be only one microsoft account by OS ( OS is not PC hardware and i don't have acces to the new PC microsoft account password) , and even connected to my microsoft account using browser, my account was not recognise in microsoft store of the new PC. i wanted to buy the codiec using my personnal mcrosoft account to install it on a the Windows PC i test . It really a nightmare to buy a software even a) i can buy it for a gift but ask me the email of the people who ll receive the gift (me) ! or b) don't recognize my account perhaps because i am on a pro Microsoft PC and that my account is a personnal one ! All i want is to download the pay codec and install it ( exe , msi ,zip) with a product key. Why struggle go to such difficulty with account/key perso/pro where activation key is simple and easy !! Andoid has many alternative store where we can buy and download APK ( NB hope Huawei Harmony Store lll replace soon the PLayStore and alternative Microsoft store ll be available soon )

Here my question

1) How many image file extension available using manifold need a third codec ( pay or free) . Does heic is one of this file format extension that can't be viewable because need OS component ( dll ,... OS extension). What is strange is that some software on the internet can be download for free not to view the file but to convert it in another image file format . So the licence ll be tight to view the file ( access to data and rende r it to screen ) and not to convert it ( access to data and change it structure to another one ) !! the name of such software to converter image format are for name a few Pixillion Image Converter software from NHC (support many formats source/target ) and iMazing HEIC Converter (support only heic to jpeg and available from Microsoft store , Apple Store or from downloading using file iMazingHEICConverterMac.dmg or iMazingHEICConverterWindows.exe ). Can manifold gis let us process the file even don't let us view the file ( by our human eyes receptors ? ) . what are the free package name and url ?

The others questions are not relative to Manifold or gis so could be forget and shure it is already on my TODO list.

2) if you know a heic codec that can be buy and that use a key , I ll buy it instead using silly microsoft store ( need CB + MS Account = registered OS ).

3) Does Microsoft let us have many same microsoft account install on many Microsoft OS ?

4) Is there a way to have many microsoft account on the same PC , so my account ll be use to buy and activate the sofware.. but not be use to control in real time if licence is active by having acces to private dataaccount. My Microsoft account is private and i don't want that anybody can go to my account ( I use two factor authentification "Microsoft Authenticator" on android).

regard's

here the links take from Manifold documentation index

heic 1234

1 Big List of Formats and Data Sources (manifold.net)

HEIF, HEIC .heic

High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF) files storing images and sequences of images. Manifold works with HEIF as implemented using Microsoft modules, reading and writing files with an .heic extension. HEIF capability requires downloading and installing optional,??? free packages ?? from Microsoft.

2 Exporting (manifold.net)

HEIF, HEIC .heic

High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF) files storing images and sequences of images. Manifold works with HEIF as implemented using Microsoft modules, reading and writing files with an .heic extension. HEIF capability requires downloading and installing optional, free packages from Microsoft. .prj and .mapmeta files are written.

3 Formats and Data Sources (manifold.net)

HEIF, HEIC .heic

High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF) files storing images and sequences of images. Manifold works with HEIF as implemented using Microsoft modules, reading and writing files with an .heic extension. HEIF capability requires downloading and installing optional, free packages from Microsoft.

4 HEIF, HEIC .heic (manifold.net)

HEIC real content taht cover HEIC files use by manifold gis

union

lionel

700 post(s)
#30-Jan-21 17:07

affinity Photo that try to challenge ADOBE photoshop don't support HEIC !! see forum

Photoshop don't support Heic !! The UK ADBOBE Web site name the list of files supported by Photoshop (PS) and HEIC appear with a link and this link we can see that procedure to have HEIC with PS . The Two codec have to be install : the free and the pay one .

Install HEIC/HEVC CODECs

To successfully import HEIC and HEVC files into Photoshop, download and install both of the HEIF and HEVC Image Extensions directly from Microsoft.

1. Quit Photoshop

2. Download and install the HEIF Image Extensions - The HEIF Image Extension enables Windows 10 devices to read and write files that use the High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format.

3. Download and install the HEVC Video Extensions - Play High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) videos in any video app on your Windows 10 device.

4. Restart Photoshop and try importing your HEIC or HEVC file.

Does a free image ( HEIC) editor support natively HEIC file format ? at this time neither Adobe or serif but i hope that heic is available for free for Apple OS or implemented in some Apple Image editor with HDR10 ( apple choose Dolby Digital HDR10 not hdr10+ create by samsung !! ( TODO and re read tiff post)

Attachments:
HEIC_two-Microsoft-Codec_pay_free.png

union

lionel

700 post(s)
#30-Jan-21 20:47

Ddolby vision is the implementation of Dynamic HDR from Dolby ....not Dolby digital ( will be call audio transform using manifold term), HDR can be apply easely for one image so all images format support hdr in a way. ....

union

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2019 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.