Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Manifold 8: No Memory Error
eolsonAG22 post(s)
#16-Feb-21 13:32

I have run into this issue several times now and figured I'd give the forum a shot at finding a solution since I have been unable to fix it myself.

I have had several instances in the past where a project brings up an error saying "No Memory" after trying to do something in it. The most recent occasion happened after trying to delete points from a drawing made up of about 400,000. The project size is not large(less than 100 mb) but it has happened multiple times.

Is there a way to avoid getting that error? Or a way to fix it so that it does not happen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#16-Feb-21 14:01

Is there a way to avoid getting that error? Or a way to fix it so that it does not happen?

Yes. Make sure you have enough memory for the size job you are doing. See the tips in the Memory Requirements topic.

tjhb
10,094 post(s)
#16-Feb-21 18:55

Another possibility.

I think (from unreliable memory) that I have only ever seen this error message when a project has become corrupted.

I would revert to a backup, and recreate recent work as necessary.

Failing that, I would make a new empty project, then import all viable components from the project giving the error.

That might seem drastic, and I'm really not sure if my memory is right.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.