Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - Aligning text in a frame (Mfd9)
ranger.sean109 post(s)
#15-Mar-21 23:21

Is there a way to align text (e.g. left, right) in layout frame?

Text is centre aligned by default, and the only way I've found to change that is crude manipulation using angle and offset in the style properties. Am I missing something obvious here?

ranger.sean109 post(s)
#15-Mar-21 23:42

After some further investigation I noticed the widest line is centre aligned across the width of the text frame, with the first character of remaining lines aligned to its first character, effectively creating a left margin offset from the edge of the text frame by x distance, depending upon how wide the text frame is relative to the line with the most text.

Dimitri

7,413 post(s)
#16-Mar-21 07:51

Am I missing something obvious here?

No. There's a whole lot of small features like that on deck as Manifold development switches gears into providing many more editing features. Those initially are about vector editing, but also editing features in tables, text, and layouts are on deck.

By the way, it's important if you haven't already done so to make sure you contribute to guidance on that by filing suggestions.

Get in the habit of filing short, crisp, suggestions anytime you encounter something you want improved. The key thing is to say specifically, exactly, what you want changed or added. I'll submit a suggestion every day or two, most often very small details, and often just a single sentence or a very short paragraph. I make a note of any suggestion I've submitted in a Manifold project I created for that purpose, which helps to avoid repeating myself.

But still, sometimes suggestions I've sent in repeat themselves, conflict, or overlap. That's OK. Keep it simple, be specific, and make sure to vote.

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2021 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.