Subscribe to this thread
Home - General / All posts - M9 user manual LiDAR
ColinD

1,993 post(s)
#08-Apr-21 08:45

I was RTFM section on LiDAR (LAS/LAZ) and found a typo

We and can drag and drop the new Kriging image into the map.

What I was looking for was pointers/examples as to how to extract relevant info from imported/linked LAS/LAZ. But all I found was how to style points to make the Pentagon show. Would be great to have some examples on dealing with the data. The points in my data are classified as per standard so something along the lines of extracting particular coded points.

Aussie Nature Shots

Dimitri

6,511 post(s)
#08-Apr-21 12:20

Good eyes. I've sent in a bug report for the typo (quicker if you do that when you find it).

something along the lines of extracting particular coded points.

That's just the same as selecting anything you want from a table. See the documentation on the Select pane, for example.

Would be great to have some examples on dealing with the data.

Sounds like a great idea! I've sent in a suggestion to that effect.

ColinD

1,993 post(s)
#08-Apr-21 12:26

quicker if you do that when you find it

Thanks,wasn't sure whether it was tech or sales for that report.

Aussie Nature Shots

Dimitri

6,511 post(s)
#08-Apr-21 14:00

Send it to tech. Any errors in the doc, including typos, are considered bugs as well.

dchall8
847 post(s)
#08-Apr-21 18:01

When I was using categorized LiDAR I selected all the data from each category and created a new drawing for each one. I was mainly interested in the building returns, which was a very small percentage of the overall point cloud. Being such a small number of points, working with the file was very fast.

Dimitri

6,511 post(s)
#09-Apr-21 08:42

Check out the updated LAS, LAZ LiDAR topic.

ColinD

1,993 post(s)
#09-Apr-21 10:58

Great addition! Enough clues to go much further. Thanks for the quick response

Aussie Nature Shots

Manifold User Community Use Agreement Copyright (C) 2007-2019 Manifold Software Limited. All rights reserved.